November 2, 2007

My 55th Birthday!

My birthday is on October 31st which is a great day to have a birthday....everyone remembers it. My first voice mail (at 7:00 AM) was from one of my brothers, Ron, wishing me a Happy Birthday. My last voice mail (at 10:00 PM) was my other brother, Bob, wishing me a Happy Birthday. In between those two voice mails, I received birthday wishes by voice mail, snail mail, e-mail, e-cards, and hand delivered cards. I heard from co-workers, cousins (John and Mari), old friends (Linda and Ricky) and about a zillion young friends .


Every year I have a birthday surprise…ask my mom….this has happened my whole life, every year a totally unexpected big surprise. This year I stopped at the Davenport School to pick up a bus load of kids and nearly each child, as they left the school, waved and yelled “Happy Birthday, Barb!”. Wow! Dianna Wessels, who works at the school, went to each of the class rooms and told the kids about my birthday. Now granted, Davenport is a small school…but it had a big impact on my day!



The next day, my mom, Jen, Jamie and Sierra came over for supper.
They brought a birthday cake. I also received a phone call from our son in Colorado.
What a fun birthday!

I am truly Blessed!