November 13, 2007

Vetern's Day Weekend


How did you spend your long weekend?
I spent my three days with family........My favorite pastime.

(And I took pictures.....another favorite pastime.)

Saturday morning I went with my mom and her friend, Betty, to a Bazaar at the Expressway Inn. Years ago, I'd take in a bunch of church bazaars every year. I remember shopping for baby bibs. (That tells you how long ago that I was at a bazaar......my baby is 20 years old.)
Here's a picture of Mom and Betty:



After the bazaar, my mom and I had lunch together:




Saturday afternoon my daughter Jen and I went grocery shopping.
We always have a good time together no matter what we're doing.

(Sorry, no picture.)

I ended the day seeing my other daughter, Jamie, and my granddaughter, Sierra. They had just gotten matching hair cuts. (Later Jamie cut bangs for Sierra.)
We did a little shopping at Linens 'n Things.


Sunday Dave and I went to church and then ran into Dave's sister, Lorie, at Dave's folk's home. We enjoyed a long visit over coffee and bagels.

(Sorry, no picture)

Sunday evening Jamie, Ryan and Sierra came to our house. We spent some time talking and watching TV and then Sierra spent the night with us. We love having her stay with us.
The house becomes so full of love when she's there!



Monday Sierra played all day with her friend Helen from down the block.
Here's a picture of the two of them:


While the girls were playing, I wrapped Christmas presents. Yes...I'm about half done with my shopping. Last year I had an early start also, but then I went into a lull thinking that I was done and almost forgot to finish.....it was a last minute rush to buy presents...... exactly what I was trying to avoid. This year will be different.....Hopefully.