August 17, 2008

Day Two of Our Colorado Vacation




We woke up at Jason & Bekki's house and then we drove up into the mountains to a little town called Kittredge for a big breakfast. The name of the restaurant is called Country Road Cafe. What a unique little place with very good food. It's obviously not a secret because we had to wait to get in.

Then we drove to Adams Falls Trail. Jason & Bekki had taken us there last year and we really enjoyed the place. This year it looked like rain might prevent a hike. We had a picnic lunch by the lake and fed the chipmunks.

The sky cleared up and we were able to hike. We stopped along the river and fly fished for trout. It was the first time that Dave had fly fished. Between Dave, Jason, and Bekki they caught a dozen fish.

While they fished, I read my book and txt my daughter. While I was sitting there, a fox carrying a dead chipmunk crossed five feet in front of me. I was holding my phone instead my camera! I blew it.

The guys were really into fishing so Bekki and I hiked to see the falls and then went back to the car. We went into Grand Lake and shopped. Later all four of us had dinner at Mr T's.

We stayed in a cute little log cabin at a place called Elk Creek Campground. Fun!

You can view all the pictures that I took today at
http://tinyurl.com/579hpn
Warning: I haven't had a chance to thin them out yet.