August 22, 2008

Day Seven of Our Colorado Vacation

Dave and I hiked the Ken Caryl Valley by ourselves. Jason and Bekki had some work to do. It's an easy hike. Easy trails and what a view of red rocks!

Jason found a restaurant that serves wild game. It happens to also be the oldest restaurant in Denver. They hold liquor license #1. It's the
 Buckhorn Exchange. It's like a hidden treasure. The restaurant is located in a poor district of Denver and from the outside it appears to fit right in with the rest of the neighborhood..... run down. When opening the door, you experience a whole different environment! The place was packed with customers and wild animal mounts. What an atmosphere! And the food! We ate rattlesnake meat and alligator tail!  


We drove to Golden and toured the Coors Brewery, another must see for Colorado tourists. It was interesting. At the end of the tour they gave us three free drinks that contained alcohol and unlimited nonalcoholic beverages so that we could sample the different beers. I tried the ultra cold (29 degrees) Coors Lite, the Honey Moon (a limited edition), a nonalcoholic Coors, and a pineapple Zima (which has just become my new favorite drink).

We had supper at the Breckenridge Restaurant (that's located near the Coors Statium) before going to a Rockies Baseball game.

 
Jason, Bekki, Dave and I played a game during the game. What we did was Bekki had a cup in which she put a dollar in when the first batter came up. Then when the second batter came up, she passed the cup to Jason who also put a dollar in the cup and so on. If by 
chance the batter hit a fly ball to the left or right field (and was caught) the person currently holding the cup won all the money in the cup. It was fun. But, the problem was, one time Dave won the cup totaling $25 on a catch benefiting the opposing team. We cheered for Dave and everyone around us glared cuz it looked like were happy that the opposing team scored. Ha Ha Oh well.... BTW I was the only one not to win the cup.....so feeling sorry for me, everyone let me have the cup at the end of the game. Nice!  

I put my winnings toward dessert that we had at the Cheese Cake Factory after the game. What another unique place! Fancy, expensive and delicious! their menu was so big that it was actually a book.
I was surprised how many people were hanging out in downtown Denver that late at night. A lot of dressed up party people. Wondering through the crowd, I felt old and under dressed. I didn't take any pictures, even though I wanted to, because I didn't think there was enough light.

We have experienced so many things that we couldn't do at home. It's been fun and an eye-opener. I love it!

If you'd like to view the photos that I took today, go to
http://tinyurl.com/6mpzcr
Warning: I haven't had time to thin them out yet!