August 19, 2008

Day Four of Our Colorado Vacation

We woke up this morning in the Fairfield Inn in Steamboat. Nice place.

We hiked to Fish Creek Falls. It was a short easy hike. Beautiful scenery! We ran into a couple that we saw last night at the hot springs. It was a nice way to start the day.

This afternoon we hiked to Hanging Lake. That was hard! It was very rocky and too vertical. It takes the average hiker an hour to hike this mile+ path. It took us longer. I had to keep stopping to catch my breath. I'm not used to the high altitude and it was hard climbing.

I am scared of heights (but I am getting better). The last 5 minutes of the hike was on a two foot wide rock ledge and steep, high steps and I was more scared than any other time in my life. I started crying.... but I did it. The reward was the sight of the beautiful Hanging Lake and waterfalls. The water was so clear and an aqua marine blue color. In fact the water is so clear that you can see the fish at the bottom of the small lake We were able to go behind the waterfall. I'll upload pictures later

We ate supper in a neat little restaurant called The Italian Underground in Glenwood Springs. What a neat place. Dave was in heaven. He loves spaghetti and they had five different kinds.

Before finding our hotel we stopped for a drink at the Gold Pan Bar in Breckenridge. Jason wanted to show us this ring toss game. Little did he know, that I had played this game a zillion times growing up. I used to be an expert, but not anymore, but I was the first in our group to get a ringer. (which gave me bragging rights, ha ha)

You should see our hotel that we're staying in tonight! Wow! It's the Wedgewood Lodge in Breckenridge. Wow! It's like an apartment. It has a bedroom, kitchen, a living room (with a fireplace), underground parking and a balcony with a view. Wow!

You can view all the pictures that I took today at
http://tinyurl.com/68am44
Warning: I haven't thinned them out yet.