January 26, 2011

New Granddaughter!

Jamie called me at about 10:30 pm January 25th. Contractions had started about 10:00 and they were headed to the hospital! Awesome! I had gone to bed with a wet head which meant major bed head so I fixed my hair faster than ever before and Dave and I headed for the hospital. Dave drove 5 mph UNDER the speed limit on Interstate which drove me nuts, but I held my tongue. It probably was a good thing that I wasn't driving because I would been picked up for speeding.


We found Jamie, Ryan and Sierra in  a temporary room. Jamie was having heavy contractions so we took Sierra out of the room to wait in the waiting are with Dave and I.  We were on the 6th floor and the waiting room had a beautiful view of the city. Sierra played with my phone and camera and I read a story to her.

Dave trying to nap....with Sierra taking his picture.
Sierra took this video of the city from the waiting room window.

Ryan kept us updated by cell phone.

  • 12:55 am. (Jan 26) Jamie was dilated to 5cm. 
  • 1:14 am They moved Jamie into room 607
  • 1:33 am Ryan told us that Jamie was dilated to 7cm and they were about to give her the epidural.
  • 1:39 am Ryan asked me to call my mom and update her, which I did. I was supposed to tell Mom that "Jamie was going quick."
  • 1:45 am Sierra finally gave in and went to sleep.

  • 2:16 am Ryan said  that Jamie finally got the epidural....which we found out later that only took hold on her right side, not her left. 
  • 2:58 am Jamie was dilated to 8-9 cm. I asked Ryan if I could see her briefly.  He said yes.
  • 3:00 am I went in to see Jamie. The doctor was seated at her feet.  He told me that he had broken her water and that things would move fast now.  In the room were two nurses for Jamie and one for the baby.
  • 4:27 am Ryan sent us this picture saying that Brooklyn had arrived!
This first picture that we saw of Brooklyn......Precious!
Finally at 5:30 AM we were able to go in and see the new baby. Here is a video of Sierra seeing her new sister for the first time: (Sierra was still a little hazy because we had just woken her up)

Here are some more pictures of Brooklyn:

The nurses are weighing Brooklyn and taking her foot prints.


Meet Brooklyn, our new Granddaughter!