June 14, 2009

Swartz Wedding



We had a fun weekend. Dave and I went to a wedding in Starbucks, MN. Yes, there is a town by that name. One of Jason's college friends, Aaron Swartz, got married. Of course many of Jason's other colleges buddies showed up, too. We had gotten to know many of these boys while Jason was at Concordia. It was good to see them again and meet their wives. They are all reaching the 30 mark and some of them have children. They've become mature and responsible but..... still young and fun!

One thing that I noticed was that even though free beer was available for all, the kids (I probably will always call them kids) were not there to get smashed. Everyone was there to dance and have a good time. The emphasis was on dancing not drinking. And boy can they dance! I decided that I would like to take dance lessons. I'd love to be able to dance like them....I especially want to learn the Jitterbug and the Electric Slide.

They had a "Michael Jackson" Dance off. Three or four of the guys could mimic Michael Jackson exactly. What a hoot!

Sunday morning we had breakfast with some of the kids" Here's a picture taken outside the restaurant: (Shoot...I just remembered that I took that picture with Jason's camera. I'll have to get a copy of it from him.)