July 2, 2008

Doctor Sierra


My four year old grandaughter, Sierra told me that she was having a good day. I took her with me when I brought my dog in to the vet.

The animal clinic amazed her. She told the veterinarian that she wants to be a animal doctor when she grows up. The veterinarian was so nice. She told Sierra that she should watch very carefully as she gives Max an examine.

When it was time to go, Sierra didn't want to leave. I told her that I would take Max (my dog) outside to go to the bathroom and we'd wait for her outside. It took a full 5 min before she came out of the building.

On the way home, Sierra pretended that she was a veterinarian. She repeated almost word for word what the doctor had said while examining Max.

When we got home, Sierra told her mom that she was going to be an animal doctor when she grows up. Her mom said that she thought that Sierra was going to be a rancher. Obviously Sierra had already thought out her plan. She answered her mom...."When I go to work everyday, I will be an animal doctor. On my days off, I'll take care of my own animals on my ranch."