October 31, 2011

My 59th Birthday (Pictures to come)

My birthday started early. Pam, a friend of mine, quilted me a beautiful Halloween table runner. What a surprise!

With my birthday landing on Halloween, there are a lot of people that remember it. One of the kids on my regular bus route had remembered and he announced it to the bus so everyone wished me Happy Birthday. When I was driving the shuttle bus, my bus aide - Michelle - surprised me by having the whole bus sing Happy Birthday. Then during lunch, I was summoned out front and the 2nd and 3rd graders sung Happy Birthday. Thanks to my co-worker, Jodi, they do this yearly but this year was different. Unprompted they all got up and gave me a huge group hug.  Wow! It brought tears to my eyes.

Halloween evening, the trick-r-treaters met me at the door with "Trick or Treat and Happy Birthday!" They made me feel so good!

Other warm fuzzys included a Birthday card from Dula, my dad's cousin and a box of goodies from Linda!  Linda sent me a hand made top that is really unique. I really like the design sewed into it. She also included a pr of sox and a pad for my coffee cup. Linda also makes the neatest hand made cards. You can tell that a lot of thought and time went into her gift.

We normally have a family meal at a restaurant for my birthday and Dave picks up the tab. (That's my present from him) This year I requested that - that money be put towards new flooring for the computer room. That request will be granted (after hunting season).  But we still got together at Jamie's house for a meal for my birthday.  It was was a few days late, cuz Jamie & family were in Kansas City on my birthday. Jamie fixed one of my favorite meals, fajitas, and Jenny baked me a cake.

I made a haul! (I love presents) Jamie & Ryan gave me a couple accessories for my ipad, Jason & Bekki gave me a cover/case for my ipad and Jenny & Matt gave me some boots.

 I enjoyed my birthday so much, that I've requested a yearly repeat.