May 2, 2009

Only Grandmas will find this cute

My five year old granddaughter, Sierra, spent Friday night with us. On Saturday, I took her to town with me on the school bus while I was transporting the track team. She had a great time. She asked, "Grandma, is this your job? Do you get to do this every day? Can I come with you everyday?"

While watching the students race, Sierra concluded that she could out run anyone of them. She proceeded to show me by running along the fence line that we were parked by.
My mom stopped by and took Sierra and I to a big rummage sale. Sierra is a born shopper. Here's a picture of my mom, Sierra and Sierra's new puppy purchase.

For lunch I had packed some hard boiled eggs. I don't think that Sierra has ever had them before. She was fascinated with peeling one and then salting it. The look on her face when she took her first (and only) bite was priceless. It said: "yuck, how do I get this out of my mouth?! No way am I going to swallow it!"

Before her parents came to pick her up, Sierra decorated the bus. She drew a picture for each of the kids on the track team. She put one picture on each seat:



Aren't grandkids wonderful?!