December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was so much fun. First we all connected with God in separate churches. Jason, Bekki, Dave and I went to the Presbyterian Church. (the church that I went to while I was growing up.) We sat with my mom, Ron, Illa, Jamie Lee, Shaun, Bob and Jesse. It was a beautiful service. Jason suggests that we make this a yearly event. Jen, Jamie, Ryan and Sierra went to our church. (Bethel E. Free) They attended the short family service that's geared to children. They enjoyed it. We all met at our house after church.

At our house we had tacos and snacky food before opening presents. You should have seen all the presents! Wow. Sierra (with help) grouped all the presents into piles for everyone. We opened presents, opened presents, and opened presents...... I think all of our wish lists were filled.

I bought the kids (of all ages) remote control demolition derby cars. I laughed while they noisily banged their cars into each other. The toys were a success!

Christmas Eve was filled with toys, laughter, family and love. It was so wonderful...... and not over! Everyone spent the night. People were sleeping all over the place.